Dr. Riley Nickols joins The SeasonED RD Podcast to talk with Registered Dietitian Beth Harrell about eating disorders, sport psychology, and metabolic injuries.
The SeasonED RD is a podcast for all professionals in the field of eating disorders who want a “one-stop-shop” for the resources, the people, and the connections that matter. Whether you are newly seasoned (intern, student, or newer professional in the field) or well seasoned, this podcast is for you. Let’s learn together!
In this episode they discuss:
- Psychology and Nutrition of Sports, including injury, playing and performance.
- Higher levels of care (HLOC) for athletes with eating disorders.
- Why attunement is important and how to use RPE – Rate of Perceived Exertion
- What if the Athlete’s One Gear is To Hammer?
- Why Calories In vs Calories Out is “Hogwash”
Trying to find a psychologist or dietitian who understands the unique mental, physical, and emotional needs of an athlete? The team at Mind Body Endurance can help.